Sunday, January 24, 2010

Effects of great concepts and brilliant story telling.


So I'm in love with the Mass Effect series, not just cause they are great games but throw in great stories and add some cool sci fi concepts that you cant even get from our syfy channel. I took a picture of Yvonne Strahovski who modeled and voice acted for a character in mass effect 2, the characters name is Miranda Lawson. The idea behind the picture is that if Syfy had a series running for Mass Effect as a live action series what would it look like. Now I am just learning photoshop with out use of filters or actions. doing everything manually as much as I can. SO here it is with reference photos and final. Not my best work but I learned a few things from it, and that was the goal. "Miranda waiting for Shepard in the Afterlife club on the Omega station."

                   I messed with different lights in the background but it felt too crowded. So i removed the wall paper, added a neon light strip, fog/smoke. Hair was fun...., also changed the eye color a bit. Gave it a more colder feel for it being a space opera and added a personal grunge effect for some shaded areas. Hope you like, I actually feel happy for the most part. I got issues with it but hey its for fun so I'm not going to stress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment